What To Expect When You Purchase New Countertops:
When you start a new project in your home there will be many decision to make, and certainly a few tense moments. It will help if you are prepared and know what to expect throughout the process.
These are a few important points to remember:
1. We do not know how long it may take to remove your old tops, or install your new ones. Every job is different, and each job presents is own set of challenges. While one job may take a couple hours, a similar job may take 8 hours, or require a return trip. It’s more important to us that we do the job right as opposed to doing the job quickly.
2. Since we don’t know how long a job will take, we don’t always know when our template person or installers will arrive at your house. We will always try to call ahead to give you our best estimated time of arrival, but we can not be precise. Traffic is also a consideration. Please rest assured that we are doing out best to get there as quickly as possible.
3. Construction is messy. While we will attempt to always keep the job as clean as possible, there will inevitably be some dust that is created in the process of removing old tops and installing new ones. Please take the necessary steps to protect your personal belongings. We suggest that you remove or at least cover all the items in your cabinets. Please remove all fragile items from the work area.
4. Stone is a natural product. That’s what makes it beautiful! Stone will look different in your house than in the showroom or fabrication shop. Stone can have natural characteristics that you may not have seen until it arrives at your house. We encourage you to view your stone before we cut it. We invite you to be as involved in the process as you care to be. The more are you able to tell us what you want, the better are we able to give you what you want. Ask questions. Let us help you in whatever way we can.
5. While some in the natural stone business do not like to talk about it, countertops can crack. Please be assured that we never break pieces on purpose! However, please consider all options carefully if this unfortunate incident occurs. Sometimes, installing and repairing a one-of-a-kind cracked top is a better option than replacing it. Repaired cracks are very unlikely to fail. Usually, the repairs can’t be felt or seen. We will warranty a repaired crack for as long as you own your house.
6. We warranty our installations lifetime. Please inspect and approve our installation before our installers leave. The best time for them to correct a problem is before they leave. Should a problem arise sometime later, we will be glad to repair if possible. Most of the time, we will do this at no charge to you. Once the install is approved, however, we will not replace tops.
7. It is your responsibility to have everything ready before the template. We will be glad to assist you in finding a sink or faucet. However, it is up to you to make sure that the one you have chosen is available by the time we need it. The same goes for your range or cook top. Failure to do so may result in your job being delayed until the next available install date.
8. We do not move appliances. We cannot take the responsibility of moving appliances from garages, storage buildings, or in the kitchen, or for the disconnection of water, gas or electrical lines. We may assist in these tasks during the removal of old tops, but with the understanding that the customer accepts full responsibility. As you well know, sometimes the appliances cost more than the granite countertops!
9. We are a countertop company. We love to refer our friends who do different trades, such a plumbing, electrical, painting, woodworking, trim or remodeling. We try to stick to what we are good at. It is your responsibility to have a plumber or electrician ready when we’re done with our part. We will be glad to give you some names to help you out! The most important thing that you should remember is that our number one goal is to make you happy. If a problem comes up (and there’s a chance that one will) we will make every reasonable effort to resolve it in a timely and satisfactory manner. Should you at anytime have a problem with the way we have handled your job, please let us know. All of us are working hard to satisfy you and all of our customers. Please let us know how we are doing.