Prisoner from Limestone County Escapes - Captured
Davis was captured and returned to custody on Tuesday afternoon.
Joseph Lee Davis, 25, was serving a Limestone County jail sentence on work release when he escaped earlier today from his job on Hwy. 127. In 2017, Davis had been charged with:
• Using false identity to obstruct justice (during the first traffic stop);
• Flee/attempt to elude law enforcement (for the chase from the traffic stop in the Walmart parking lot);
• Unlawful possession of a controlled substance (for a controlled substance found in the vehicle he abandoned);
• First-degree receiving stolen property (theft of the SUV);
• Flee/attempt to elude a police officer (for the second chase behind the motel); and
• Three outstanding warrants for failing to appear in court on driving without insurance, driving while license suspended and driving while license revoked.
If you have information concerning Davis, call the Limestone Sheriff's Office at 256-232-0111 or 911.